Frequently Asked Questions
Who Can Participate:
This program is open to middle and high school student skiers and snowboarders aged 10 – 18. All skill levels are welcome. Younger siblings may sometimes may be included. Please contact us if you have questions regarding participation by kids younger than 10.
2019 Participation Dates:
There are three separate schedules as shown on the schedule page.
SCHEDULE #1: To Be Announced
Transportation to and from Alyeska will be via chartered motor coaches utilizing professional motor coach drivers. Two motor coaches are planned for each schedule. Each motor coach holds 50 kids plus chaperones.
SCHEDULE #1: One motor coach departs from Palmer Carrs’ and one coach from Wasilla Carrs’ lot.
SCHEDULE #2: Two motor coaches depart from Wasilla Carrs’ lot.
Seats are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis based on the date of receipt of all three forms and payment (see applications page). Payment must be received before your reservation is confirmed. Please note: payment via PayPal alone does not guarantee placement on a bus. All three forms must be received by MSSC as well as the payment in order to guarantee a seat on a bus. An email confirmation will be sent upon completion of all requirements.
Missed Trip by Participant:
If a participant misses a trip due to illness or schedule conflict, no “makeup” rides will be allowed. Extra rides will incur a fee designated by MatSu Ski and Snowboard Club.
MatSu Ski and Snowboard Club, Inc. is a fully licensed and insured non-profit organization. Although not required, all participants are encouraged to carry medical insurance.
Cancellation and Rescheduling:
If a weather-related cancellation happens, we will post notices on our website, Facebook page, and email. A make-up day will be scheduled as quickly as possible. No makeup days will be issued due to participant’s own vacation or schedule conflicts.
- MSSC motor coaches will arrive at Carrs’ parking lots at about 7:30AM and depart for Alyeska promptly at 8:00AM.
- Motor coaches will depart from Alyeska at 5 PM and arrive at Carr’s at approximately 6:45PM.
- Unless written permission stating otherwise is arranged prior to the trip, participants riding the bus in the morning are required to ride the bus back in the evening.
- Substitutions are not allowed.
- Alcohol, tobacco, e-cigarettes, and illegal drugs are strictly prohibited at all times during MSSC trips. Anyone found in possession or using these substances is subject to being dropped from the program without a refund. Remember, chewing tobacco is also tobacco. Prescription medications must be approved and registered with MSSC prior to riding the bus. No student is allowed to carry their own prescription medication unless it is a life-saving medication such as an Epi-pen or asthma inhaler. Only Executive Board Members may carry participant’s prescription medications on bus trips.
- All participants are required to behave in a courteous manner and follow rules while on the bus and at Alyeska. Discourteous behavior may result in dismissal from the program without refund.
- While on the slopes, all participants will be expected to follow the skier and boarders’ responsibility codes.
- All participants must have proper clothing, including goggles, pants, jacket, gloves and hat. Helmets are strongly recommended.
- Locks for skis and boards are also recommended, as theft of equipment occasionally occurs. Report suspected theft of equipment to chaperones immediately.
- It is recommended that participants have dry clothing to change into for the trip home.
- Other items you may wish to bring include a watch and lunch or lunch money. Food and drinks can be purchased at the day lodge.
Please contact MSSC via email with the participant’s name in the week prior to riding the desired Saturday. We do not save names week to week; we start a new wait list every Monday. It is first come, first served based on availability. A one-time electronic application and waiver forms submission is required prior to the first trip (located on our APPLICATION page). Payment will be accepted when the participant gets on the bus. Ski/snowboard gear can be rented through our club as well as arrangements for group lessons. Please contact us for one-time rider prices.
Specific Program Information:
If you have specific questions regarding our program, please contact us at email@example.com. You may also call us at (907) 354-7545.
Weather & Information From Alyeska:
Weather and general information may be acquired from Alyeska at website www.alyeskaresort.com or via phone (907) 754-7669. On ski Saturdays, a check of weather conditions at either of these sources is a good idea.